In general, and according to the standard IATA rules, the weight of checked baggage can not exceed the following limits:
- First class 40 kg
- Business Class 30 kg
- Economy Class 20 kg
- Charter flights 20 kg
The dimensions of a baggage must not exceed 178 cm (length + width + height), otherwise it is considered as oversized baggage.
The amount of baggage, dimensions and total weight for which registration is included in the price of the ticket, may vary from the above indications depending on the airline company and booking class – please inquire directly with your company.
- Never leave your baggage unattended!
- Report any suspicious or abandoned luggage or packages!
- Do not accept any baggage of third parties!
- Your hold baggages must be labeled with your name;
- Avoid bags with straps or take care to remove them before saving;
- You are advised to secure your luggage with a shrink wrapping;
- For safety and security reasons, some items are prohibited in holds.
- liquids, solids or flammable gases;
- oxidizers and organic peroxides;
- toxic or infectious substances;
- and corrosive substances.
- You are advised to register the maximum luggage and objects in the hold and retain in your hand luggage only what is absolutely essential to your trip.
- Check with your company to determine the number and size of baggage that you can take in holds. Each company has its own quotas.
Preparation of the cabin baggage
According to IATA standard procedure, you are allowed to take one piece of hand luggage for free in the cabin, provided that its dimensions do not exceed 115 cm (length + width + height). However, according to the companies, the weight allowance and hand baggage dimensions may vary – please check directly with your airline company.
For safety and security reasons some items are prohibited in the cabin, ie:
- Guns, firearms and weapons;
- Replica and imitation weapons;
- Knives, scissors and cutting tools;
- blunt instruments;
- Disabling or incapacitating items;
- Items that can be used as a weapon;
- Explosives and flammable substances;
- Chemical and toxic substances;
- Liquids, pastes, gels and aerosols except exception detailed below:
- At home: Keep all your liquid products (pastes, gels, sprays, creams and other products of similar consistency) in checked baggage;
- If you absolutely need some liquid products (pastes, gels, sprays, creams and other products of similar consistency) during the flight:
- Store them in a transparent, resealable plastic bag as a freezer bag (with a maximum of one liter capacity, from one format to 20×20 cm;
- This bag must be presented separately from the hand luggage at the security check;
- Place aerosol liquid and gel containers under 100ml (10cl) each, One plastic bag is allowed per passenger.
- Conakry Airport
- Air cargo services